2019 GLF Participant Application
Applications Are OPEN!!!
Early Bird Registration (- $500) ends February 16
Welcome to the 2019 Global Leadership Forum application! At GLF, we believe in the power of risk-taking among youth and a desire to see a fair world. We offer opportunities that will challenge your current understanding of the world. Through our carefully organized educational experience, you will be empowered by with ideas to tackle some of the problems in your community.
What do we look for in GLF participants?
We seek participants who have demonstrated leadership or who have an interest in developing leadership skills, and who are interested in or have been involved in:
• Social Justice Project Development
• Service Learning
• Global Community Building
• Constructive Engagement of Conflict
• Outdoor Adventures
We welcome everyone to apply as we will review all 2019 short course applications. There are no academic requirements to attend the Global Leadership Forum. We integrate a variety of learning styles and pedagogical practices during our program and focus on experiential education. Participants, however, must be able to independently participate in 4-5 high altitude hikes during the course, as wilderness challengers are a strong component of this course for this year. Be prepare to engage, participate, and have lots of fun!
The Application Process:
1. Complete and submit an online application (including requested forms and $50 non-refundable application fee). You may save and return later at any point during the application.
2. Wait to be contacted by the GLF Director regarding your acceptance status.
3. If accepted, register for the GLF summer program, submit all health forms, arrange travel, and pay the program tuition. Registration information will be sent upon acceptance.
About Financial Aid:
1. Partial and full financial aid is limited for qualifying applicants.
2. Financial aid ONLY applies to the Short Course tuition (DOES NOT cover travel, visa, or insurance)
3. UWC-USA and GLF may request additional financial information to accurately award the best financial aid package and information detailing the financial aid package will be sent in the Acceptance Packet.