2018 GLF Participant Application
Welcome to the 2018 Global Leadership Forum application! At GLF, we believe in the power of risk-taking among youth and a desire to see a fair world. We offer opportunities that will challenge your current understanding of the world. Through our carefully organized educational experience, you will be empowered by with ideas to tackle some of the problems in your community.
What do we look for in GLF participants?
We seek participants who have demonstrated leadership or who have an interest in developing leadership skills, and who are interested in or have been involved in:
• Social and environmental justice
• Service learning
• Global community building
• Project development and design thinking
• Wilderness challenges
We welcome everyone to apply as we will review all 2018 short course applications. There are no academic requirements to attend the Global Leadership Forum. We integrate a variety of learning styles and pedagogical practices during our program and focus on experiential education. Participants, however, must be able to independently participate in 4-5 high altitude hikes during the course, as wilderness challengers are a strong component of this course for this year. Be prepare to engage, participate, and have lots of fun!
The application process:
1. Complete and submit an online application (including requested forms and $50 non-refundable application fee). You may save and return later at any point during the application.
2. Wait to be contacted by the GLF Director regarding your acceptance status.
3. If accepted, register for the GLF summer program, submit all health forms, arrange travel, and pay the program tuition. Registration information will be sent upon acceptance.
NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT USE SAFARI AS YOUR WEB BROWSER. It is suggested that you use Google Chrome to fill out and submit an application. If you don't think you will be able to finish the application and submit it with payment in your first attempt, then please make sure to click the link at the bottom "SAVE FOR LATER" so that you can return another day. You will need to enter your e-mail address and then a link will be e-mailed to you so you can re-enter when you are ready to complete the application.